Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 11,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer / Project Manager to contribute to a variety of exciting buildings projects. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in the procurement of high quality work; manage multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Maintain strong client relations as it pertains to project delivery and repeat business.
• Review and prepare commercial proposals and scoping documents.
• Monitor performance of team against financial targets, technical deliverables and schedule.
• Design mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air distribution, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and controls.
• Prepare drawings detailing the system designed.
• Prepare and review reports.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
• At least 10 years’ of experience in a similar industry.
• Project management and supervisor experience.
• Business development capabilities, commercial/financial awareness.
• PE Certification required.
• Evidence of public recognition of expertise preferred (e.g. articles, conference papers, ASHRAE committee membership, or speaking engagements).
• Experience in sustainable building design, LEED AP BD+C preferred.
• Experience in energy modeling and load calculations.
• Excellent communication skills essential for working with design teams and non-technical clients.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• Collaborative in working with or leading others both externally and internally.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Date Posted: July 5, 2016