Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers and assist with various aspects on projects including but not limited to:
· Play a significant role in the leadership of the group and represent group at board level meetings
· Contribute to corporate business strategy and plan long term business focused solutions
· Responsible for company-wide projects/activities
· Can identify potential markets and procure work independently
· Mechanical engineering project team leader from conceptual design through construction administration and post-occupancy
· Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
· Project management of multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including Revit delivery
· Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings
· Lead building physics/energy analysis work as part of sustainable engineering design
· Staff mentoring and training
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
· Good communication skills are essential for team based working
· Proven interest in the field of building design
· At least 15 years of experience in the HVAC industry with recent and relevant design experience, and with evidence of involvement in concept design through construction administration and commissioning of systems
· PE qualified
· Business development capabilities. Commercial/financial awareness
· Provide general multidisciplinary coordination oversight including 3D delivery
· Have project management, multidisciplinary coordination and supervisorial experience
· Evidence of public recognition of expertise preferred (e.g. articles, conference papers, ASHRAE committee membership, or speaking engagements)
· Experience in sustainable building design, LEED AP BD+C preferred
· Experience in energy modeling and load calculations
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Must be outgoing in terms of building and maintaining client relationships
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Date Posted: March 14, 2016