Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Mechanical Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit and determination enables us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable building projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our San Francisco office is currently seeking an ambitious Senior Mechanical Engineer to enhance our Building Engineering Group capacity. The potential candidate should have 6-10 years’ experience in the design of mechanical systems and some knowledge of Revit, eQuest, Energy Pro, IES or similar experience. We are looking for staff with a strong focus on client service and sustainable design and innovation.
Experience: You should have demonstrated experience in at least five of the following areas:
• Sound knowledge in mechanical engineering fundamentals
• Track record of sustainable and innovative approach to design
• Understanding of passive design systems that influence mechanical requirements
• Load calculations and some Energy modeling experience
• Design mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air and water distribution, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and controls.
• Familiarity with codes, specifically CMC, Title 24, IMC,ASHRAE standards 55, 62.1, 90.1
• Perform system design calculations
• Prepare contract drawings detailing the designed systems
• Select equipment for use in building systems
• Report writing
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings
• Manage a small project, work area or technical skill set, monitor quality of work, and is involved in client liaison.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
• 6-10 years of experience
• FE/EIT required, PE preferred
• LEED AP preferred
• Proven interest in the field of building design
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Date Posted: May 27, 2016