Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Mechanical Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects.
Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup’s Seattle office is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design building mechanical (HVAC) systems. You will work as an integrated member of multi-disciplinary design teams on a wide variety of project types. Our projects cover a wide range of project types and scales, from small mixed-use developments to high rise towers and central utility plants.
• Design of building HVAC systems, including airside and hydronic system components
• Writing of project reports and specifications
• Coordinating work with clients and other consultants as well as in-house staff from other disciplines
• Engaging with contractors for pre-construction and construction support activity
• Documentation of systems design in Revit MEP
• Engineering analysis work, including load calculations and equipment sizing
• Engineering analysis and energy modeling including whole building energy analysis, façade thermal analysis, and airflow modeling.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Architectural engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical (HVAC) engineering fundamentals.
• 6-9 years relevant experience
• EIT/FE required, Washington PE preferred (depending on years of experience)
• Experience in sustainable building design - LEED GA or AP BD+C a plus
• BIM experience, Revit preferred
• Experience in energy modelling and load calculations
Desired qualities include:
• Excellent communication skills essential for working with design teams and non-technical clients
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Mechanical Engineering
Date Posted: Oct. 14, 2015