Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Plumbing Engineer
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are currently seeking a Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer to design plumbing and fire protection systems including: domestic cold water system, water treatment, domestic hot water systems, sanitary drainage and vent systems, storm drainage systems, pumping systems, natural gas distribution systems, special fire suppression systems (gaseous, water mist), acid waste and vent systems and specialty lab gas systems.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Prepare drawings detailing the systems designed. System design calculations.
• Select equipment for use in building systems.
• Report writing / specification preparation
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines/companies.
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods in buildings.
Qualified professionals will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
• Revit modelling knowledge,
• Proven interest in working in the field of plumbing and fire protection systems.
• PE License preferred
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Public Health/Plumbing
Date Posted: July 22, 2016