Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are currently seeking a Senior Scheduler/Risk Specialist to join the team.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Preparing and maintaining project schedules using a variety of scheduling software e.g. Primavera, MS Project plus interfaces with associated software e.g. @Risk
• HCSS Presenting simplified, easy to visualize schedule roll ups for high level management reporting
• Communicating/coordinating with the project client and with individual Contractor/Construction Management teams.
• Coordinating and resolving long- and short-term planning and scheduling problems with personnel on project teams and contractors
• Analyzing Contractor schedules, assisting site teams in monitoring construction progress and advising on delay claims with respect to schedule.
• Assisting in technical evaluation of contracts relative to expertise in planning and scheduling.
• Conducting time impact analyses
• Preparing and maintaining fully logic linked and cost & resource loaded schedules
• Analyzing critical paths and restraints to determine effect of changes on the schedule and recommending workarounds to mitigate impacts
• Analyzing schedule progress and performance and identifying developing problem areas.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
• Qualified professionals will have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience across a variety of project types e.g. rail, highways, buildings etc
• PSP, EVP or PMI-SP Scheduling Certification desired, but not required.
• Experience with scheduling in a Design-Build project environment
• Knowledge of MS Office suit Top applicants will possess excellent written, verbal, presentation and communication skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment. Must be motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• The ideal candidate would come from a General Contractor/Construction Management background, with a desire to move into a client led environment.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Project Management
Date Posted: Sept. 8, 2016