please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. From Olympic Games in London, Net Zero Cornell Tech Building through the Expansion of T1 at Pearson and Bergeron School of Engineering at York University, we aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression. Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
Our Toronto office is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Building Structures team. Arup Toronto is a growing multidisciplinary office servicing the design of a variety of buildings and infrastructure projects in Canada, and globally.
In this role, you will:
• Lead structural engineering teams involved with the engineering design and optimization of complex building structures
• Monitor quality of work and keep a pulse on client expectations and requirements to ensure efficient project delivery
• Analyze and design structural elements and systems for steel, concrete, timber and masonry in accordance with building code and design standards.
• Perform complex analytical procedures.
• Coordinate with multiple disciplines and work in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks.
• Write reports, letters, project narratives, etc. for internal and external purposes based on findings.
• Attend design meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Present technical material for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Manage commercial performance on your projects
• Understand trends and best practices in the structural discipline.
• Provide advice and be the sounding board for other team members
• Develop individuals in their technical specialization
• Recognize technical contribution in teams
• Develop eminence (growing reputation) within Practice/Region
• Support/teach creativity and innovation in teams.
• Participate in local Professional Associations.
As a Qualified Professional you will have:
• Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Civil Engineering Fundamentals and Structural Design.
• Project and staff management experience.
• Experience in working for both contractors and Architects
• Experience with Design Build projects
• Understanding of sustainable design methods in buildings.
• Professional Engineering License in Canada, or ability to obtain one within 12 months
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively and manage deadlines
Exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working.
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
Share your passion and experience as part of a company that has an international culture and believes in your unlimited potential to succeed.
Arup offers an excellent package of benefits, including health care, equal contribution to group RRSP, vacation and benefit sharing.
Arup is proud to be an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment.
Job Number: TOR0000BR
Category: Structural Engineering
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date Posted: Nov. 20, 2017