Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Structural Engineer
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 12,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer in our Washington DC office. This position will be part of our Building Practice and will co-lead the structural discipline in DC.
• Responsible for company-wide projects/activities, planning long term business focused solutions, identifying potential markets and procuring work independently whilst undertaking structural design.
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines
• Manage multiple projects and staff as needed Commercial/financial awareness
• Participate in Business Development activities
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of structural engineering fundamentals
• PE licensed with the ability to obtain a PE license in the District of Columbia and neighboring states
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Previous experience in the DC market is highly desirable
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Structural Engineering
Date Posted: Aug. 3, 2015