Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Transport Modeller
Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
We shape a better world
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work we make a positive difference in the world.
Arup is a firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees and their dependants; with no shareholders or external investors we determine our own business priorities and direction.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Transport Planner with Strategic Modelling skills based in Dublin to lead tasks / projects involving the development and operation of strategic transport models.
Applicants should have strong analytical and management skills and the ability to apply these skills in the development and application of computer based traffic and transport models.
The candidate should have experience of using software packages such as SATURN, CUBE, EMME/3 and VISUM and will understand the principles of demand modelling and business cases.
As a senior transport modeller, you will provide project task leadership and training to a team of transport modellers and planners in the transport planning team. Our transport planning business operates across Ireland and internationally so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. You will act as task leader for modelling elements of major projects or project manager for small/medium sized projects. You will be expected to be able to:
- Undertake transport modelling including, base model development, calibration / validation and forecasting elements
- Conduct economic appraisals and assist in preparing business cases
- Attend client meetings and meet with collaborators
- Produce technical reports
This role will suit an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with good communication skills with an ambition to work on exciting and high profile schemes.
- University degree in relevant discipline (e.g. civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics).
- Typically around 7 years of experience in transport modelling with emphasis on highways and multimodal modelling.
- Proven experience in more than one modelling suites SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM.
- Proven ability to build, calibrate and validate traffic models with minimum supervision and use of TAG including experience in implementing demand models.
- Proven ability to act as task leader on modelling projects and PM on small to medium size jobs.
- Proficient in Excel and experienced in building bespoke traffic models in excel.
- Good experience in report and proposal writing.
- Excellent communication skills and interface with clients.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and train junior staff.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. transport planning).
- GIS / VBA knowledge.
Category: Transportation Planning
Date Posted: Nov. 28, 2016