Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Transport Planner / Modeler
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
The Arup Singapore Transport and Resources Group requires a Senior Transport Planner / Modeler with PTV VISSIM and VISUM experience.
We currently have an opportunity within our Traffic Team to work with and manage a team of transport planners and modelers on a variety of transport projects covering highways, public transport and pedestrian planning components.
You will work as part of an integrated team and will be expected to assist with technical traffic modelling inputs to bids, preparation of bids for standalone traffic studies as well as providing technical support in the preparation, development and analysis of transport models. You will be responsible for the production of traffic assessments and appraisals and data reports for a range of major and minor projects. You would have in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in the use of PTV VISSIM and VISUM and ideally MassMotion software so as to provide technical support and training to team members primarily in Singapore but periodically in Perth and other offices within Australasia.
With current and projected workloads we are seeking to fill this positioning immediately.
• Undertake traffic engineering data analysis and option testing using proprietary software
• Produce Traffic Impact Assessment Reports
• Provide technical support to team members
• Provide in-house technical training to team members
• Develop the overall knowledge base of the traffic modeling team
• Author and provide input to technical proposals
• Manage project programs, budgets and resources
• Degree in Civil Engineering and/or post graduate qualification in traffic engineering / transport planning
• At least 10 years’ experience in the field of transport planning / traffic engineering
• Ability to undertake complex data analysis, build demand matrices, networks, run scenarios and produce clear and concise analytical reports unsupervised
• Very strong knowledge in transport planning / traffic engineering software such as SIDRA, VISUM, VISSIM and MassMotion
• Experience of project and client management including program, resources, finance and quality control
• Possess the flexibility to visit sites during traffic peak periods for the purpose of network analysis
• Support the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO9001, OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 requirement
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Category: Transportation Planning
Date Posted: Sept. 29, 2016