Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Senior Transportation Planner
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We have plans to grow our Transportation Planning practice in our Toronto office. Our team works with a range of key clients in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, and with clients and colleagues elsewhere in Canada and in the United States. We are seeking a Senior Transportation Planner to help lead our efforts. Current transportation planning projects being undertaken by our Toronto team include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, transit planning, integrated land use and transport planning, accessibility analyses, business case preparation, pedestrian modelling and GIS.
· Engaging in business development efforts to secure transportation planning work and build client relationships
· Leading and managing transportation planning projects for external and internal clients in GTHA, wider Canada and the United States
· Preparing and managing preparation of high quality project deliverables, including print documentation and presentations
· Preparing and delivering effective public presentations and representing Arup to clients and the general public
· Establishing and maintaining connections with professional colleagues, identifying and developing marketing leads, preparing marketing proposals and materials, and representing Arup at interviews
· Delivering high-quality products, undertaking financial management of projects and being responsible for client relationships, and management of staff and subcontractors
· Helping to lead, manage and mentor junior staff
· Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning, Civil Engineering, or closely-related discipline
· Undergraduate degree in related discipline
· MCIP and RPP or P Eng.
· 10+ years relevant professional experience including recent (3+ years) experience in the GTHA
· Current senior role in their business/ team
· Demonstrated experience working with City of Toronto, Metrolinx, MTO and private sector (the more of these, the better)
· Able to bring client relationships and win work from day one
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Understanding of transport planning, traffic engineering and traffic modelling (strategic and micro-simulation, junction); specialization in one area or more
· Several client referees who can attest to project delivery and technical skills.
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent planning and organization skills
· Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
· Willing to work closely with an enthusiastic and broadly-skilled team
· Collaborative and interdisciplinary outlook
· Creativity in intellectual and technical approach
· Established reputation in the professional community
· Experience working with both public and private sector clients
· Established working relationships with leading specialist firms
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Transportation Planning
Date Posted: Feb. 15, 2016