please visit our International Site.
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup’s Houston office currently has a need for a Consultant who has expertise and experience in the area(s) of analytical structural engineering, particularly in advanced non-linear analysis. The candidate should have experience with the analysis of reinforced and unreinforced concrete, steel structures, with respect to linear and non-linear materials and dynamic loading. This will include both seismic and wave loading. The candidate should also have a developing interest in risk and resilience.
•Undertake, deliver, and manage analytical structural engineering projects which may include non-linear analysis of new/existing assets, assessment and retrofit design of structures.
•Collaborate with others within the firm on projects that can benefit from your expertise.
•Provide general support to the growth of the analytical engineering business, including client development and general business development efforts with colleagues across the globe.
•Manage your own tasks to meet deadlines with limited supervision.
•Overseeing tasks being carried out by junior engineers.
The following skills and experiences are required:
• Master's degree or higher in Structural/Seismic Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in practice or research
• Mastery of First Principals Approach to Engineering Problems,
• Practical experience with non-linear finite element analysis tools,
• Proficiency in LS-DYNA is preferred,
• Strong coding skills to enable engineering risk calculations and interactive visualization tools for communicating risk. Experience in Python, Matlab for example.
• Strong client and stakeholder engagement skills, strong communication skills
• Input to technical and financial bids and proposals,
• Excellent writing skills.
The following skills and experiences are desirable:
• Licensed Structural Engineer,
• Retrofit design,
• Experience in analysis of non-linear systems, for example, time history, large deflection impact analysis, non-linear material development and application, wave diffraction analysis, dynamic loading simulation.
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm with respect to multidisciplinary work
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Desire to push the boundaries of engineering industry
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn and to share knowledge
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: HOU00002X
Category: Structural Engineering
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Date Posted: April 13, 2018