Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Structural BIM Modeler
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Our growing Boston office is currently seeking a Structural BIM/CAD Modeler with practical knowledge of structural engineering systems. Building Information Modelers play a critical role in delivering high quality data enriched models and the resulting drawings to our clients. At Arup, this involves overall project planning, detailed design development and coordination between all disciplines, managing and adhering to office/client BIM standards. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of structural engineering building systems and be capable of assembling structural building components in a coherent, well-informed manner in concert with project structural engineers.
- Be the gatekeeper of all in-coming and out-going model and drawing information
- Work across disciplines to ensure an overall design fits together and satisfies each discipline’s individual requirements
- Troubleshoot all problems that arise in a rapidly changing digital coordination environment
- Develop engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications
- Manage submissions and ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
- Filter highly detailed model and annotative information into, logically organized, easy to read package
- Engage in the development of office or client BIM procedures/standards and facilitate their implementation into projects
- Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering, architecture, or similar building design profession; experience as a structural engineering detailer is preferable, but is not a prerequisite
- Proficient in Revit or similar BIM building software
- Proficient in AutoCAD or similar drawing production tools
- Knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, Navisworks, Digital Projects, Tekla, 360 Glue, or other parametric, fabrication or coordination tools, would be useful
- Problem Solver - tackle both large scale/conceptual level and detail/task level problems
- Adaptable - able to jump from project to project and stay abreast of all changes
- Creative – inject “outside the box” or new thinking into both building design and drawing production challenges
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Date Posted: June 30, 2016