Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Theatre Planning Intern (Various US Locations)
Theatre Planning InternPositions available in 2017
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering andconsulting firm of 13,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominentprojects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the LondonEye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current NorthAmerican projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, CaliforniaHigh-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las VegasObservation Wheel.
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance towork with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in theworld. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significantprojects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence onthe community and the environment.
Arup is currentlyseeking theatre planning interns for 2017. As a Theatre Planning Intern, you will take place in the following kindsof activities:
- Contributing to the planning and execution ofperforming arts projects from the outset and through all project stages.
- Providing support of design, specification andnon-licensed engineering services for the design components of performing artsprojects including lighting, performance sound, video and communications andperformance machinery and rigging
- Participating in the design and specification oftheatre equipment and help plan the building from the perspective of venue operationsand production
- Drafting architectural lighting specificationsand drawings
- Developing and managing specifications,narratives, programs, documentation for performance equipment bid
- Contributing to the development of venueequipment and construction budgets
- Contributing to compliance with relevant codesand standards
- Reviewing documents incorporating theatreequipment for technical compliance with program and specifications
- Contributing to the integration of theatreequipment in the design of performing arts buildings
- Undertaking theatre equipment commissioningtasks under supervision of the project manager
- Currently pursuing a degree in architecture, engineering,technical theatre or lighting.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Qualified professionals will have goodcommunication skills essential for team-based working, and excellent planningand organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Qualified candidates must be highly motivated,proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
- Experience in one or a combination of thefollowing skills: theatre planning and programming, theatre equipment designfor performing arts buildings, performance lighting and systems design,performance rigging and stage machinery systems design, theatre performancesound, video and communication system design.
Category: Acoustic Consulting
Date Posted: Sept. 12, 2016