Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Rail Transportation Infrastructure Project Manager
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
We are seeking a full-time Transportation Infrastructure Project Manager to lead engineering teams for major projects from our Toronto office. The successful candidate will have experience in leading design teams on major rail and linear infrastructure projects in Canada, the US or internationally, with P3/AFP experience preferred.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Manage and lead a multidisciplinary team to plan, execute and deliver the engineering for major transportation infrastructure projects
· Proactively engaging with clients and contractors to prepare high quality, technically efficient and cost effective solutions
· Developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients, engineering partners and sub-consultants.
· Manage risk and deliver strong commercial performance of projects.
· Lead the technical, commercial and soft skills development of staff.
· Support Arup’s Canadian business to develop ongoing opportunities in the design and delivery of projects of significant scale and complexity.
· Bachelors/Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or other related engineering field with a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals
· Engineering license in Ontario or in other Province(s) or ability to obtain the same.
· 15+ years of relevant experience
· Demonstrable experience of leading large multidisciplinary design teams
· Ability to coordinate a large team from several firms and offices
· Wide variety of experience of rail and other transportation infrastructure projects
· High level of self-motivation and ability to motivate others
· Ability to take initiative and make decisions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience of a variety of construction procurement methods
· Sound understanding of commercial and financial issues and achieve strong commercial outcomes.
· Well-developed industry networks among the potential client market
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Project Management
Date Posted: June 13, 2016