Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Tunneling Engineering Intern (Various US Locations)
Tunnel Engineering Intern Positions available in2017
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm of13,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are thecreative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects inthe built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, andthe Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North Americanprojects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-SpeedRail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas ObservationWheel.
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of themost highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also getthe opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, deliveringquality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and theenvironment.
We are currently seeking Tunnel EngineeringInterns for 2017. As a Tunnel Engineering intern, you will take part in thefollowing kinds of activities:
• Final lining design using structural analysiswith hand calculations, structural software, etc.
• Field work and techniques associated withtunnel construction
• The wide range of disciplines and skills withArup
• Internal training, both technical andnon-technical
• The format, style and quality of our reports,calculations, plans, drawings and specifications
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree inCivil Engineering or equivalent with emphasis on Structures, Geotechnics,Mining
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technicalideas in an accessible way
• Coursework in Underground Design andConstruction, Mechanical Tunneling and Construction, Concrete and Steel Design,Rock Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Geology, Construction Management
• Geotechnical and Structural software skills,AutoCAD/Microstation skills
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricularactivity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadlineenvironment
• Past history of technical presentation andtechnical writing
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunityemployer.
Category: Tunnel Design
Date Posted: Sept. 7, 2016