Explore Engineering Jobs with Arup
Water Business Leader
Arup is a global employee-owned engineering company with over 12,000 people in 92 offices across 40 countries. The Americas region of Arup is a provider of multi-disciplinary solutions for urban and infrastructure sectors. It operates primarily in the USA and Canada but has a remit that extends to Central and South America. We have civil, structural, geotechnical and mechanical engineering capability and are looking to broaden our business in the water, wastewater and water resource management industries.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, client focused local Water Business Leader for our San Francisco or Los Angeles office. The candidate is expected to accelerate the development of the Arup offering to water industry clients on the west coast of the USA with a focus on California, in concert with the Americas Water Business leader and the Americas water team.
Our current Water business is focused on flood risk assessment, technical due diligence and civil engineering solutions to large scale capital works projects, including water tunnels and pipelines. In response to the changing climate and the risk of long-term drought in California, the firm wishes to see a development of water treatment skills and sustainable solutions for drainage and water reuse so would favor an entrepreneurial candidate who would build that capability.
Job tasks would include the following:
• Local (West Coast USA) strategic business planning
• Client development
• Marketing and lead generation
• Winning new and securing repeat work
• Delivery of water projects that is consistent with the strategic objectives.
The position offers significant opportunity for a suitable candidate to develop a major business over the long term.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Have excellent communication skills with internal and external clients.
• Ability to coordinate work within an integrated multidisciplinary team.
• Hold a Masters’ degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Have at least 15 years post graduate engineering experience in North America water infrastructure design.
• Have at least 5 years working experience in the water industry in California or on California projects.
• Sound understanding of commercial and financial issues.
• US work authorization.
• Hold current industry affiliations (e.g. PE California).
• High level of self-motivation and of the ability to motivate others
• Comfortable taking the initiative and make decisions.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Civil Engineering
Date Posted: Jan. 4, 2016