please visit our International Site.
3-D BIM Design Intern- Buildings (Summer 2020)
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are looking for a BIM Designer Intern to join our multi-disciplinary team in Los Angeles office. BIM Designers play a critical role in delivering high quality data enriched models and the resulting drawings to our clients. Within the Arup team, this involves overall project planning, detailed design development and coordination between all disciplines, managing and adhering to office/client BIM standards. BIM Designers are at the forefront of all digital innovations within the office and must be able to implement new tools on the fly and train others to do the same.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Work closely with engineers and designers to create models and drawing sets - documentation and archiving
• Gatekeeper of all in-coming and out-going model and drawing information
• Work across disciplines to ensure an overall design fits together and satisfies
each discipline's individual requirements
• Troubleshoot all problems that arise in a rapidly changing digital coordination environment
• Develop engineer's concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications
• Manage submissions and ensure proper QA/QC protocols are implemented
• Help teach other team members and new hires the software skills necessary to be successful in their jobs
• Manager the work of others (engineers, technicians and external parties) when leading BIM production
• Represent Arup's interests in external meetings, written, and oral/presentations
• Filter highly detailed model and annotative information into, logically organized, easy to read package
• Engage in the development of office or client BIM procedures/standards and facilitate their implementation into projects
• Interest and passion for all aspects of the built environment and how ideas become reality
• Proficient in Revit or similar BIM building software
• Proficient in AutoCAD or similar drawing production tools
• Problem Solving - Tackle both large scale/conceptual level and detail/task level problems
• Professional demeanor
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn • Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Associate or bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architectural Technology, or Computer Science/Data Management
• Knowledge of Revit, Digital Projects, Tekla, Civil 3D, Inroads, Rail track, Geopack, etc.
• Knowledge of Rhino, Grasshopper, SketchUp, Dynamo, programming, etc.
• Knowledge of NavisWorks, Solibri, 360 Glue, etc.
• Knowledge of other 3D modeling, parametric, coordination, or fabrication tools
• Any experience working in the building design/construction industry
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
· Delta Sky Way at LAX
· USC Village
· LA Memorial Coliseum
· The Broad Museum
· LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: LOS0000EF
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Dec. 13, 2019