please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
The position is a Technology Consultant with an audiovisual systems design background. The candidate should be interested in working on world-class projects and being challenged. The work will focus primarily on audiovisual design initially, but can grow to being a unified collaboration and / or smart building with additional experience and knowledge.
The position’s responsibilities will involve:
• Consulting project work, designing and overseeing the completion of audiovisual technology projects
• Audiovisual consulting at a higher level with unified collaboration projects which focus on space and system design; unified collaboration; space utilization, scheduling, and automation; as well as operations
• Acting in the role of an Audiovisual Owner’s Representative for large multi-national clients, overseeing the global roll-out of systems based upon global audiovisual standards
• Full project delivery, including narrative design briefs / programs; studies; sketches; decision matrices; 3D design and BIM model work; contract 2D drawing packages; Div 25 & 27 specifications; and CA work
• Willingness to travel to deliver world-leading leading projects, though primary role will be supporting Seattle-area clients
• In the future, design of IT and communication systems including: structured cabling, wired and wireless voice and data networks, healthcare systems, airport systems, access control, intercom, public address, control systems and general applications of technology to the built environment.
Qualified applicants shall have the following:
• InfoComm CTS with interest in achieving CTS-D
• Willingness to work towards ad achieving an RCDD certification
• Interest in multi-discipline work and growth
• Minimum of five years of experience in the industry
• Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, architects, engineers, contractors and other team members
• Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, including Visio, Project, and One Note
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment. Must be a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who is willing to take on new challenges
• Knowledge of BMS, lighting, and shade control systems a plus
• Experience in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and BluBeam as well as delivering technology consulting projects in BIM a plus
• LEED AP BD+C certification a plus
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: SEA00003H
Category: Audio Visual
Location: Seattle, Washington
Date Posted: None