please visit our International Site.
At Arup We're dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the 2nd Avenue Subway. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our 16,000-person strong team of designers, engineers, planners and consultants regularly come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time and space to be creative. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We'd like to find those rare individuals who are as curious and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
We're looking for an Acoustic Consultant to join our Washington, DC team. You'd be part of a growing team working on projects that are both local and across the region. In this role, responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinate with multiple disciplines and working with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
• Technical and design input on a broad range of projects, ensuring work quality is maintained at the expected standard
• Prepare project reports and presentation for internal and external purposes based on findings summarizing essential issues and strategically advising on best outcomes
• Present technical material in traditional and creative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Understand trends and best practices in the acoustics industry
• Contribute to the development and implementation of plans for the longer-term benefit of the team and office
• Participating in local Professional Associations
The Qualified Professional will have:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred, in acoustics or related engineering/physics/architectural degree Knowledge and experience in acoustics/audio visual consulting
• 2 or more years of experience working in a similar consulting environment
• Ability to undertake high-level analysis, including advanced mathematics
• Keen sense of maintaining high standards, creative in developing solutions
• Can develop empathy of “customer” needs (both internal and external), and the issues which may impact on maintaining effectiveness within a commercial environment
• Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels within the team and within the wider office, as well as externally with clients
• Structured and logical thinker, with the ability to change between different levels of analysis as appropriate.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.
Job Number: WAS000027
Category: Acoustic Consulting
Location: Washington, Dist Of Columbia
Date Posted: None