please visit our International Site.
Application Infrastructure Analyst
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Bring Your Vision to Shape a Better World
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 13,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
We are currently seeking a Application Infrastructure Analyst for our New York City office. The Application Infrastructure Analyst performs a variety of work supporting the business community in a deep level of interaction that involves activities related to administration, management and overall operational and troubleshooting for Arup’s engineering software & hardware environment. We use software such as: solutions from Autodesk, Bentley, CSi, MasterSpec, Trimble, and others. You will provide technical assistance on project related activities as needed to meet client deliverables and contractual requirements is also expected.
• Assists with system administration support (the installation and configuration of software) to our hybrid cloud and on-premise server infrastructure. Includes but is not limited to Operating Systems, software license managers, technical software administration suites, analysis tools, and automation.
• Provide hardware system configuration analysis, specifications, and recommendations that determine hardware replacement/upgrade priorities.
• Assist with future developments and support for Arup’s customized environment including planning, testing, QA, and implementation prior to the deployment of vendor upgrades and security enhancements.
• Assists with analysis of system capability; develops functional and system requirements; completes business process design and workflow; ensures integration with other modules, system components, and other BPA applications.
• Monitor related Service Desk calls and assists with resolving client service problems and disruptions. Identifies causes and resolution, escalating internally or to the respective vendor when necessary.
• Participate in user/stakeholder interviews and joint requirements planning sessions. Creates requirements documentation; reviews with user representatives, recommends priorities and obtains user signoff. Manages the requirements documentation created and maps it to specific software releases.
• Assists with User Account and Security Group management within Microsoft directory services either in Azure (Office 365) or on-prem forest (Windows Activity Directory).
• Analyze and develop solutions for maintaining project data. Define requirements for data cleanup and archive routines that maintain data integrity.
• Develop documentation that is accurate, including process flows. Create new documentation for all changes and enhancements.
• Participates in information technology planning and analytical support by coordinating technical resources and efforts with other departments
• 3+ years’ experience in IT, Engineering, or BIM/CAD role. Preferable to currently be in the Engineering, Architectural, or Construction industry.
• BA/BS degree required. Technical/Engineering major preferred but not necessary.
• Certifications (A++, MCSA, MCSE, etc) are preferred
• Proficient with Windows operating systems, experience with Windows Server 2008 and newer preferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, and other open source platforms (PostGRES, NoSQL).
• Experience with or working knowledge of Autodesk and/or Bentley software suites preferred.
• Knowledge of programming languages a plus. No programming experience required, but understanding the concepts preferred. Powershell experience will set you apart from other candidates.
• Skills in technical documentation, business writing and verbal communications.
• Ability to troubleshoot effectively and think out of the box to come up with creative solutions. Drive to automate processes and simplify – work smarter, not harder.
• Ability to adapt and learn Engineering concepts as exposure to business processes increases.
• SharePoint experience desirable (either infrastructure, farm, or application suites).
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
This is your opportunity to shine
ArArup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000HI
Category: Information Technology
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: None