please visit our International Site.
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — Designing, Engineering, Planning, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup Canada is dynamic group successfully designing and delivering remarkable projects. Building on our extensive global experience, we have established an architectural team in Toronto to enhance our capacity to deliver integrated multidisciplinary design of technically complex aviation and rail projects.
We are seeking an Architectural Technologist to join our Buildings BIM team. The successful candidate will not only be a vital member of our local team, they will also be an important link to our international Arup Architectural teams.
• Generation of Revit content aligned to Arup best practice and in accordance with Canadian market expectations.
• Working in an integrated manner with the Architects and Designers from the concept design phase through to construction.
• Producing architectural designs using relevant software packages including Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Co-ordinating work with engineers/designers of other disciplines.
• Show a keen interest in current Ontario construction methods, life safety standards, and building envelope systems.
• Being self-accountable to complete work on agreed deadlines.
• Being able to provide guidance to junior staff.
The ideal candidate will:
• Take ownership of work.
• Seek creative and innovative solutions.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate a multidisciplinary problem-solving approach and ‘Total Design' mindset.
• Be a driven, enthusiastic collaborator.
• Have proven ability in the preparation of construction drawings using relevant software.
• Have proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
• Be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Bachelors Degree in Architecture or Architectural Technology Degree.
• 5 years minimum professional experience within the Architecture industry.
• A strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, and materials application.
• Familiar with specifications, contract administration and shop drawing review process.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: TOR0000KG
Category: BIM (Building Services)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: Feb. 21, 2020