please visit our International Site.
Senior GIS Consultant
Join us as we transform the built environment with digital products and services!
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 16,000 people globally. Adapting to the constantly evolving environment, our work is focused on reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our employee-owned firm is deeply involved in the conceptualization, design, development and deployment of next-generation digital tools for our industry. We are looking for committed individuals passionate about engaging specialists across the built environment to collaboratively build new digital solutions to help us reshape the world around us.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
Our growing Advanced Digital Engineering (ADE) team in Canada is looking for the right Associate level Senior GIS Consultant to join us. ADE is a global group of software developers, product managers, user experience designers and digital consultants within Arup. We use our collective talents to incubate and deliver technology-led solutions to clients, and in doing so help transform the way that cities, buildings and physical networks are planned and delivered.
The right fit for our team is an experienced Geospatial Consultant with leadership experience who will engage with a broad range of subject matter experts and clients; design efficient and automated workflows; and lead a team of digital practitioners. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an excellent problem solver, a fast-self-learner able to adapt to new technologies and platforms, and able to present complex digital challenges to people of other backgrounds.
- Collaborate with experts across multiple domains to identify and study data sets, produce visuals and empower Arup and its clients to make better decisions At the project and regional team levels, actively practice and support ongoing improvements to our geospatial solution development
- Lead the development and implementation of web GIS software
- Design, execute and publish maps & technical reports for a range of projects
- Create, customize, test and implement scripts to streamline GIS workflows
- Oversee resourcing of projects and utilization of staff
- Make recommendations and approvals for hiring, promotions and salaries
- Maintain an environment that promotes quality and excellence
- Bachelor's Degree in GIS/Spatial Analysis, Computer Science, Software Development or similar
- Five or more years practical GIS experience relating to infrastructure and the built environment
- Experience leading and/or managing geospatial/development teams on projects
- Strong analytical capabilities, including use of ArcGIS Network, Spatial and 3D analyst
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of FME Desktop and Server, including integration with third party applications
- Master's Degree in GIS/Spatial Analysis, Computer Science, Software Development or similar
- Authoring code for the automation of processes and workflows, particularly with knowledge of Python libraries such as arcpy
- Experience designing and building web maps or data visualizations
Arup is the creative force at the heart of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer diverse portfolio of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- Mobility Mosaic, a mobile application for collecting advanced travel data and informing urban, aviation and transport planning (https://www.mobility-mosaic.com/)
- Open-sourced data and analysis to help NGO's, governments, and firms understand homelessness trends because of COVID-19 and resulting shutdowns. (https://github.com/arup-group/social-data)
- Arup Virtual Engage (https://www.arup.com/expertise/services/digital/virtual-engage)
- Arup Inspect (https://www.arup.com/our-firm/arup-inspect)
Read more about the work of Advanced Digital Engineering or our partner City Modeling Lab on Medium.
Job Number: TOR0000NA
Category: Advanced Digital Engineering
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: Feb. 26, 2021