please visit our International Site.
Intune Engineer - Automation
We have an exciting opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join our Digital Technology Group. The role could be based from our Los Angeles, San Francisco office, Seattle.
You will be responsible for the implementation, operation and maintenance of secure and highly available technical systems within Workplace & Automation.
The core responsibilities of the Engineer are as follows:
- Maintain, monitor, and support the technology platforms relevant to Automation utilising Intune/SCCM.
- Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software, cloud service and connectivity problems.
- Integrate solutions with other applications and technology platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Develop scripted solutions and automation to drive continuous improvements.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for technology systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
- Develop plans to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
- Review and contribute to documentation relevant to services e.g. Design, Service Transition to Support, Standard Operating Procedures, SLAs, OLAs.
- System Center Configuration Manager, MDT, Intune, MobileIron, Group Policy management and other endpoint automated configuration and management related technology infrastructure.
- Release management for software and hardware deployments and updates, including the management and co-ordination of business champions.
Skills & Experience required
- Experience in:
o MDM platforms
o Group Policy configuration and Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
o Software and Patch Deployment
o Operating System Deployment
o Configuration of client endpoints and endpoint management
- Ability to identify areas of improvement to continually improve service quality and reduce costs.
- Self-starter, pragmatic, flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, able to align business and Digital Technology Group vision to deliver clarity.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices, can manage risk.
- Substantial technical management experience in a similar role, including - but not limited to - design, implementation, disaster recovery.
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a great place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you'll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You'll have access to a range of flexible working options - whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Arup. Shaping a better world.
Closing Date: 29th January
Job Number: NEW0000OQ
Category: Information Technology
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: Jan. 24, 2020