please visit our International Site.
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Arup’s Canada Aviation Planning team operates globally delivering the planning for major airports across North America and elsewhere around the world. We are committed to providing robust planning and advice founded on rigorous analysis, thorough knowledge of the aviation industry and technical skills second to none. Our business is growing along with our track record of exceptional aviation projects.
We are currently seeking an experienced Airport Planner to join the Aviation Planning group in our Toronto office.
- Develop, elaborate and evaluate conceptual planning alternative for major elements of airport infrastructure including airfield, passenger terminal, cargo, landside access
- Develop functional phasing plans.
- Plan and design terminal, aprons, airfields, supporting facilities and/or ground access for both new and existing airports; including related capacity/demand analysis, master planning, feasibility studies and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of airport master plans, program definition documents, planning studies and reports.
- Work with the Aviation Planning group to augment and refine custom in-house analytical tools and/or develop new planning approaches.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including Architecture, Buildings engineering, and Civil engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Architecture or Transport Planning
- 5-10 years’ experience in aviation related planning, design, operations or a related field and a desire to build a long term aviation planning and consultancy career.
- Strong capacity to work in CAD and graphic platforms such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Revit, including experience with 3D modeling.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office package, with strong presentation skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential. Command of one or more other languages, such as French or Spanish, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience delivering planning work to meet international policies, regulations and airport planning standards is required (ICAO/IATA, other country-specific)
- Awareness of today’s aviation industry, including planning, design, construction, financing, operation and regulation of airports. Proven ability to lead and manage large scale aviation planning projects to meet project objectives, budgets and schedules
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: TOR0000F1
Category: Transportation Planning
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: None