please visit our International Site.
At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe. Our 16,000-person global team regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
Arup has been active in the Texas market since the late 1980s providing professional engineering services on a wide variety of projects in energy and transportation. Our Buildings practice started in 2013, and we have been growing actively in sectors including Aviation, Healthcare, Commercial, Science and Industry, and Arts and Culture.
We have been a part of and are currently involved in exciting projects such as the Texas High-speed Rail, the White Rose gravity oil platform for Husky Energy, the Renovation of Terminal D in the Houston International Airport, electrical and mechanical upgrades and a terminal expansion at DFW Airport, the mixed-used development 1603 Broadway in San Antonio, Dow St. Charles Laboratories, various hospital projects, and the renovation of Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth, among others.
Our Houston office is thriving and growing rapidly, and currently seeking a Billing Analyst to join the Finance team. This team is collaborative and proactive, valued for working as critical partners to our project teams. Join our office of dynamic people who are working on exciting projects and continuously raising our profile locally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand contract document as it relates to billing
- Effectively and proactively communicate with Project Managers and Project Directors to determine accurate costs to invoice for the month
- Prepare client invoices in accordance with company procedures, client requirements and terms and conditions of the contract
- Record invoices into accounting system
- Reconcile and include, as part of project invoices, sub-consultant billings for fees and reimbursable expenses
- Work with the cash receipts team to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash and review/clean-up of unallocated cash
- Daily monitoring of cash receipts
- Ensure all monthly activity is complete and accurate in the areas of customer billings, accounts payable and related postings to the accounting system
- Work with clients to ensure timely collection of invoices and resolution of aging invoices
- Special and ad hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience in billing
- Experience with invoicing and accounts payable processing
- Strong Excel skills are a must
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
- Team player with positive attitude
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: HOU00005F
Location: Houston, Texas
Date Posted: Feb. 14, 2020