please visit our International Site.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
We are looking for an assistant BIM designer to join our growing Seattle office. As a BIM designer you will work closely with our engineers to deliver some of the most unique, high profile, and sustainable projects in our industry.
• Collaborating with engineers and other team members both internal and external to plan and set up BIM models
• Producing and developing complex HVAC, fire protection and plumbing models in Revit
• Develop engineer's concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, through direct communications
• Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
• Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Proficient in Autodesk Revit
• Professional demeanor
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Associate or Bachelors Degree in Civil, CAD BIM technology, CAD drafting, solids modeling, scripting and coding or related field
• 1+ year of experience drafting MEP systems
• AutoCAD skills, MicroStation, Civil 3D, Inroads, Rail track, Geopack, Revit, NavisWorks, Solibri, Dynamo, 3D modeling (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Washington State Convention Center Addition, Seattle, WA
• Hyatt Regency, Seattle, WA
• International Arrivals Facility, Seatac Airport, WA
• PNNL Energy Sciences Capability Facility, Richland, WA
• Louisiana Children's Museum at City Park, New Orleans, LA
• Pike Place MarketFront, Seattle, WA
• King Street Station Historic Renovation, Seattle, WA
• Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle, WA
• Starbucks Reserve & Tasting Room, Seattle, WA
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: SEA000044
Location: Seattle, Washington
Date Posted: Jan. 24, 2020