please visit our International Site.
BIM Designer Intern - Summer 2020
BIM Designer Intern (Infrastructure) - Available Summer 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Proficiency with drafting and modeling software including AutoCAD and MicroStation
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, drawings, and models
· Understanding of Infrastructure engineering design practices and work flows
· for various Infrastructure disciplines including Bridge, Rail, Roadways, Grading and Drainage, Tunneling, & Utilities.
· Ability to work with engineering staff to interpret sketches or design ideas and convey the information onto technical drawings
· Understand and follow CAD standards
· Work closely with engineers and designers to produce models and plans
· Work across disciplines to gain an appreciation of each role
· Currently pursuing a degree or certification in CAD drafting or BIM design
· AutoCAD or MicroStation experience
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to understand and visualize spatial relationships of complex geometry
· Professional demeanor
· Good time management skills
· Detail and accuracy oriented
· Excellent communication skills
· Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
· Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
· Degree or certification in CAD drafting, BIM design or a related field
· AutoCAD and MicroStation proficiency
· Internship or other experience in the field
· Civil 3D experience
· InRoads experience
· Experience with technical drawing or model building
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: HOU00004X
Location: Houston, Texas
Date Posted: Feb. 14, 2020