please visit our International Site.
Blast Engineering Intern (Available June 2021)
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Assist in deploying first principles and beyond code approaches to solve structural problems
• Developing finite element and response history analysis models and interpreting results
• Collaborating with other engineers and consultants on innovative buildings and infrastructure projects
• Exposure to design and analysis of structures under blast loading
• Contributing to threat and vulnerability assessments for security conscious clients
• Contributing to the design and specification of physical security solutions
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• Fundamental knowledge of structural mechanics and dynamics
• Interest and preferably experience in finite element analysis
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Experience with LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, Strand7, and other FEA tools
• Formal training in advanced topics such as structural dynamics, solid mechanics, materials, blast and impact engineering, materials or others
• Proven interest in the field of structural analysis and complex problem solving
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• Crossrail, London, UK
• Fulton Street Transit Center, New York
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law
Job Number: NEW0000W9
Category: Security System
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: Oct. 23, 2020