please visit our International Site.
Civil Engineering Intern - Available June 2021
Civil Engineering Intern- Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assisting senior staff on a variety of projects such as urban design, transportation planning, traffic engineering and system design.
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding trends and best practices in the urban planning industry
- Participating in local Professional Associations
- Be currently pursing Transportation Planning or related field. Currently pursing Master's preferred.
- Significant thesis, class project or studio work related to urban transportation planning, transportation engineering analysis, and/or transportation land use interface
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have the ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Have presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: HOU00005P
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: Houston, Texas
Date Posted: Nov. 30, 2020