please visit our International Site.
Civil Water Engineering Intern - Available June 2021
Civil Water Engineering Intern- Available June 2021
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- MicroStation and AutoCAD software to layout drainage systems and utility systems as well as grading designs
- Hydraulic modeling tools such as InfoWorks, Hydraflow and WaterCAD to analyze and design stormwater, sanitary and potable water systems
- Applicable codes, specifications and standards for design of the above elements
- Interdependence between skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
- Many phases of the planning, design and construction process
- Techniques associated with construction activities
- Regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
- Wide range of disciplines and skills with Arup
- Needs and concerns of our clients
- Big-picture awareness that permeates every skill area in Arup
- Format, style and quality of our reports, calculations, plans, drawing and specifications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Environmental or Water Resources Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- Ability to take the FE exam, or have passed the FE exam
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
- Professional demeanor
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
- 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
- Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
- Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
- Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
- WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
- Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
- Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
- Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
- Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
- Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: SAN0000IV
Category: Civil Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: Oct. 23, 2020