please visit our International Site.
At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the LA Coliseum. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary teamwork. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 creative minds. Arup's culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We are searching for those rare individuals who are as smart and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
Due to growth, we are looking for a Commissioning Engineer to join multi-disciplinary team in LA. You will contribute to and manage one or more projects pertaining to: assessment of supporting the implementation of building commissioning processes; building systems, building energy benchmarking; development of building improvement strategies (portfolio or individual); and integrated systems performance.
On a daily basis you might develop spreadsheet analyses, perform field assessments and on-site commissioning activities, contribute to the design of building systems, identify and analyze alternatives, prepare summaries of work for clients, attend client meetings and assist with or lead proposals. Your experience and capability will determine the breadth of your responsibility. The role will impact a variety of projects. You will report to the senior leadership within the energy and sustainability team.
Commissioning (Cx, RCx, MBCx) of building systems, also within the context of LEED rating systems
New Construction Commissioning (Cx) of commercial and institutional projects.
Retro Commissioning (RCx) of existing buildings.
Monitoring Based Commissioning (MBCx) and measurements and verification (M&V).
Building or portfolio energy & resource use analysis, including the use of specialized benchmarking or building energy simulation software. Knowledge of benchmarking programs such as EBEWE.
Design of building automation systems.
Cost & benefit analysis of cost and efficiency measures over a project life cycle.
Functional testing and activation of Building Systems including MEP systems and controls
• We will consider a range of experience and academic degrees. Work experience may substitute for academic learning. Aligned disciplines include engineering & architectural sciences, applied sciences, business, economics, and environmental science.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in applicable work areas is requested.
• Effective communication skills
• Outstanding skills in integrated analytical problem solving
• Strong understanding of energy, water, waste and resource technologies
• Strong familiarity with triple bottom line cost-effectiveness thinking and analysis
• Strong knowledge of policy and economic issues related to energy systems
• Ability to care for clients and communicate effectively.
• Commissioning or related credentials preferred, such as CCP, CEM, CMVP, LEED AP.
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package including a 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of paid time off and bonus compensation in the form of a profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: LOS0000D8
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Dec. 13, 2019