please visit our International Site.
Communications Intern - Available June 2021 (Various US Locations)
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Maintain and update communications materials and databases
• Help develop and edit communications content
• Participate in communications strategy and planning
• Research and help coordinate upcoming conferences, PR opportunities, and other activities
• Work closely with marketing and communications teams
• Miscellaneous duties as required
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree, Communications, Business Administration or Marketing or English
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• Strong storytelling, writing, communication, and organizational skills.
• Experience with the following computer applications: Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Experience or interest in the innovation, design and construction industry preferred, knowledge of Architecture/Engineering field helpful.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple deadlines with great attention to detail
• Ability to find and tell great stories.
• Maintain an enthusiastic approach to working with deadlines
• Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks to support the needs of the team
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Björk: a collaboration in sound
• Hunter's Point South, New York
• The Broad Museum, Los Angeles
• LA's Green New Deal, Los Angeles
• California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco
• Space Needle Renovation, Seattle
• The REACH at the Kennedy Center, Washington, D.C.
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• Carbon Free Boston, Boston
• Chicago Architecture Center, Chicago
• Texas Central High-Speed Train, Texas
• Samuel De Champlain Bridge in Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
• Sydney Opera House, Australia
• Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Job Number: NEW0000WO
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: March 5, 2021