To search jobs outside of the Americas,
please visit our International Site.
please visit our International Site.
Share This Page
Digital Healthcare Leader
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we aim to make a positive difference in the world: we are owned in trust for the benefit of the staff and their dependents; with no shareholders or external investors Arup determines our own business priorities and direction.
Arup’s Healthcare Business provides a comprehensive design and consulting service, primarily focused on the construction of new hospital and healthcare facilities. An in-depth knowledge of the market, combined with a reputation for working at its cutting edge, enables us to deliver appropriate solutions to help our clients, addressing whole-life issues and including safety, reliability, operability and maintenance. Current major clients include Kaiser Permanente, Sutter Health and Infrastructure Ontario.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, technically and commercially strong leader to grow our existing healthcare work and develop our technology and digital consulting business within the healthcare sector.
The primary role of this hire will be to develop the Digital Healthcare business in the US. We expect that the hired person will collaborate with and support the growth of the existing technology systems and strategy consulting teams in the Americas, but the main focus will be client-facing. The candidate must be able to present convincingly to IT professionals, facilities managers and the C-suite within the healthcare sector – they must have a strong technical background and a strategic mindset. You will be expected to convert that engagement into work won.
As the candidate, you will be adept at bringing people together with different perspectives and skill-sets. The focus will be on both meeting and shaping the client’s needs by understanding their business drivers and supporting those through digital technology. Your engaging, consultative manner and technical excellence will make it second nature for you to provide a complete and holistic service that means clients - both internal and external - regard you as a trusted partner. The catalysing of new service areas to grow our business is essential.
In particular, we are looking to further refine and drive forward the following business areas:
- System integration consulting; leading the development of system integration process and execution for our clients
- Digital transformation through data insight; how data analytics and platforms can transform client operations
- Establishing measurable links through technology use between emotional response to the built environment and level of care and services around that topic
You will have a good grasp of the technology systems used in the healthcare sector across the various stakeholders and will be able to translate technical language into normal day-to-day business conversation. You will be an enthusiast and advocate for the ways in which better technology system design and integration can support desired outcomes for healthcare providers.
This is a critical business leadership role. You will have a strong understanding of the healthcare business in the United States so that you can take our service offerings to market. We expect you to develop and pursue stand-alone offerings for the digital healthcare market as well as supporting and leading multi-disciplinary pursuits.
As a senior member of the Healthcare team your work will include working within and leading multi-disciplinary project teams and managing bidding, work-streams and commissions for external and internal clients or partners.
You will also be a senior member of the digital technology consulting team. In this role you will collaborate with the rest of the leadership in team management including recruiting, resourcing and staff development as appropriate. In addition to your healthcare experience you will understand typical processes and procurement models for the built environment. We expect that you will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of technology-related consulting projects throughout their life-cycle from strategy, through design and into operation. You may be called on to leverage your experience into other sectors.
You will be comfortable working in and managing teams, creating project execution plans and participating in technical and commercial reviews. You will be capable of handling a complex and challenging workload and your calm, logical, professional demeanour will inspire confidence in clients and peers at every turn.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the healthcare industry in a technical capacity, particularly within the Americas and US.
- Must be a thought leader in the healthcare space with demonstrable impact on defining the healthcare industry
- Must have a strong understanding of consulting with strong technical knowledge of system integration challenges, processes and delivery
- Must have strong commercial and business development experience
- Well versed in how digital technologies and data can transform healthcare operations along with an understanding of digital transformation practice
- Good client facing and customer relationship management skills and experience
- Commercially aware, both project and business focused
- Program and delivery focused with effective planning and organising skills
- Able to mentor, train and motivate staff
- Posses an appropriate university degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professional engineering qualification or equivalent is essential
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Number: LOS000098
Category: Applied Digital Strategies
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Date Posted: May 15, 2018