please visit our International Site.
Digital Intern - Available Summer 2019
Applied Digital Strategies (ADS) Intern - Available Summer 2019
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Open-source projects and rapid prototyping,
• Graphically communicating complex information and processes simply
• Working with complex data sets.
• Working from AutoCAD plans.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and boards.
• Rendering images, graphs, and tables to effectively communicate ideas in a clear and concise visual presentation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• Interested and Curious about the built environment
• Research oriented, critical thinker
• Experience in data analysis and visualization
• ArcGIS and special analysis
Experience with one or more of HTML, Java Script, CSS, Python
• Qualified professionals will have good communication skills essential for team-based working, excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• Knowledge of statistics and data science
• UX / UI methods
• Engineering background
• Experience building web applications: Webmaps, websites, data visualization
• Implementation of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
• Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
• Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
• Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000N8
Category: Applied Digital Strategies
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: None