please visit our International Site.
Electrical & Energy Leader
Arup is a 15,000-person strong, employee directed private firm of designers, engineers, planners and consultants, who regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. Arup's culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically innovative. We are searching for those rare individuals who are as smart and idealistic as they are ambitious and effective. If this sounds like you, please read on.
Our San Francisco office is adding an Electrical & Energy Leader to our multi-disciplinary team. You will be working on a wide range of innovative projects, mentoring junior staff, and assisting with business development efforts. We are seeking someone who is passionate about energy systems; from electrification of buildings and mobility, to microgrids and storage, to resilience and renewable energy. We work with the most innovative private firms, cities, and public agencies and offer opportunity to influence projects from complex buildings to multi-building portfolios, from city-wide programs to research that influences the highest levels of policy.
- Contributing to and managing one or more projects pertaining to: research to support building efficiency and decarbonization policies, design and delivery of innovative energy systems, codes and standards development, emerging technology and pilot demonstration
- Supervising junior staff on a variety of projects for large energy users (e.g. cities, datacenters, aviation, healthcare), ranging from energy masterplans to building and infrastructure design
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete work you're doing
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding trends and standard methodologies in energy, electrical engineering, and sustainability
- Participating in local and regional Professional Associations
- Providing tangible leadership for project team and client goals, progress and direction.
- Providing support and development opportunities through assignment of work and stretching tasks
- Building a climate of trust and openness in the team
- Developing individuals in their technical specialization
- Delivering timely feedback and recognition to others
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience in electrical building / infrastructure design and engineering, including identification, analysis and selection of appropriate integrated systems
- Professional Engineering License in US or ability to obtain within 1 year of employment
- Building or portfolio energy & resource use analysis, including the use of specialized benchmarking or building energy simulation software
- Experience leading project teams on medium to large scale projects
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working and work winning
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with 3D BIM / CAD software such AutoCAD MEP or Revit MEP
- Experience with Energy software such HOMER, IES VE, REOpt, PVSyst, SolarResilient
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
- Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
- Personal Health Insurance
- 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
- Short Term and Long-Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. EOE including disability/veteran.
Job Number: SAN0000J9
Category: Electrical Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: Feb. 26, 2021