please visit our International Site.
Energy & Sustainability Intern - Summer 2020
Energy & Sustainability Intern - Available Summer 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Contributing to projects on green building technology and ratings systems, primarily the LEED rating tool
• Work on sustainability frameworks and strategies for multiple scales of projects, while also completing environmental and social impact assessments
• Tracking rating system and building strategy processes, taking a first pass at reports, and presenting LEED or sustainability frameworks to design teams
• Demonstrate research experience, as this job will likely demand directed research into architectural materials and technology, building services systems, green building and urban policy, and social and human comfort issues
• Sketching and digital illustrations of building concepts will be expected in order to visualize design strategies for client presentations and other external needs
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a built environment design or planning field - E.E. Architectural, Building Engineering, or similar
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• Knowledge of design software, such as Rhino, SketchUp, Ecotect, IES, Grasshopper etc.
• Knowledge of LEED rating systems
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• 3.5 GPA or higher
• Internship experience with a design firm
• Proficient in use of software like Excel, Publisher or other desktop publishing platform, interactive Adobe PDFs
• Familiarity with building systems and technologies
• Foreign language skills, especially Spanish, Chinese, Arabic or Portuguese
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Delta Sky Way at LAX
• USC Village
• LA Memorial Coliseum
• The Broad Museum
• LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: LOS0000DC
Category: Environmental Services
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Jan. 23, 2020