please visit our International Site.
Equity Diversity Inclusion Leader
Americas Region Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Leader
Arup is a 15,000-person strong, privately held global firm of designers, engineers, planners, and consultants who are committed to working for a more sustainable future. Arup's key differentiator in the market is how we apply our values, expertise, and experience to address the world's unprecedented challenges and shape a better world. We are committed to creating and maintaining an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace, where teams openly contribute to the success of our firm, our clients, and our communities and where everyone shares a sense of belonging.
We are seeking an experienced EDI Leader to provide intellectual and strategic leadership on EDI across our offices in the US, Canada, and Colombia. The EDI Leader will be responsible for leading and delivering our strategic EDI action plan and embedding EDI in our culture with focus on the following key areas:
- Organization and governance
- Workplace environment
- Retention, promotion, and development
- Recruitment and pipeline
- Industry leadership
- Business partnerships
- Community engagement
The role will sit on the Americas Region Board where you will serve as a subject matter expert and influencer on diversity and inclusion strategies. You will also chair our EDI Executive Steering Committee in which capacity you will advise and work with committee members on the implementation of the regional EDI actions and liaise with our local EDI representatives and region Employee Resource Groups. You will regularly report on progress to our regional board and will serve as the Americas representative on the Global EDI Committee to ensure alignment with Arup's Global EDI Commitments. This role will report to the Region Chair and can be based out of any of our region's offices.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Professionalize EDI and embed it in all that we do to accelerate and broaden our impact
- Advise leadership on delivery of the EDI implementation plan - specifically how to recognize, hire, and develop diverse talent
- Support the development of a more inclusive workplace culture by working with staff members at all levels
- Work with discipline level teams to teach facilitation skills and build a culture of inclusiveness and equitable participation
- Set direction for ambitious delivery of current targets for recruitment, promotion, development, and retention of diverse staff to more accurately represent the communities in which we work
- Develop industry leadership and expand the scale and scope of our support and partnerships with minority-owned businesses
- Promote transparency in Arup's internal operations by sharing best practices and developing regional standards on reporting
- Develop an EDI training program including workshops and other educational plans for leadership, supervisors, and all staff
- Develop and manage budgets sufficient to support EDI activities both regionally and locally
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Law, or relevant area of study
- Minimum of 15 years' experience within a professional services organization or complex global organization with at least 5 years delivering Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Demonstrable experience related to diversity program development with consistent record of accomplishment affecting cultural change
- Knowledge and experience of EDI standard methodologies in addition to understanding of federal and state EEO/AAP laws and compliance across the Americas region (US, Canada, and Bogota)
Arup is an employee-owned company that offers an excellent benefits package inclusive of Global Profit Share (paid out bi-annually), personal health insurance, retirement plans (with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%), and Paid Time Off (PTO).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE including disability & veteran) committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Number: NEW0000X1
Category: Human Resources
Location: San Francisco, California
Date Posted: Feb. 26, 2021