please visit our International Site.
Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 14,000 creative minds, come together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs.
Arup's Toronto office is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to help support our business. This position is an integral part of the team and needs to be extremely proactive in anticipating and adapting to the needs of a team of senior leaders. The ideal candidate must be and have experience handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure. Building strong relationships, ability to manage and operate in a dynamic environment, being resourceful and knowing how to navigate large organizations will also be critical to success in this position.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Being the front-line client facing person for their assigned Senior Leader(s) of the office;
• Calendar management, requiring interaction and coordination with internal/external executives and their assistants to coordinate complex meetings;
• Managing domestic and international travel arrangements, including air, hotel, ground transportation, passports, and visas. Experience in coordinating activities across several time zones would be beneficial.
• Preparing, proofreading, and editing of correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents;
• Recording, drafting and circulating agendas, meeting minutes and action lists;
• Planning and organizing leadership meetings, while remaining within prescribed budget;
• Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports and invoices;
• Entering data, progressing actions and creating analytical reports within our CRM system;
• Responsible for the execution of their own assigned short to long term projects;
• Minimum 6 years' relevant experience supporting a team of 2 or more senior leaders in a fast paced and professional environment is required. Previous executive assistant experience preferred.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) is required;
• Ability to create content using SharePoint is a strong asset;
• Strong English grammar, spelling, punctuation, composition, drafting and proofreading skills;
• The ability to handle confidential assignments with tact and diplomacy;
• The ability to work in a deadline-driven environment;
• Exceptional written, oral communication and typing skills;
• Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability;
• Detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business;
• Ability to work independently, or as a team member, while maintaining focus and productivity;
• Proactive, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Top applicants must be organized with strong time management skills.
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: TOR0000HZ
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: None