please visit our International Site.
Finance Intern - Summer 2020
Finance Intern - Available Summer 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Help with the preparation of invoices, credit memos, monthly statements, coordination with Project Managers regarding billing (monthly)
• Work with Accountants and Project Managers to establish project budgets and monitor against actual
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting and other business data
• Analyze financial information in support of broader FP&A analysis
• Collaborate on various aspects of the monthly close process
• Special projects as required
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or International Business
• Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
• Experience with accounting and general office software
• Excel, Word and PowerPoint (advanced user is preferred)
• Coursework in financial reporting and analysis
• Understand financial models
• Working knowledge of SQL or similar is preferred
• Ability to perform data entry quickly and accurately; good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to learn and take on new challenges
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Delta Sky Way at LAX
• USC Village
• LA Memorial Coliseum
• The Broad Museum
• LACMTA Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: LOS0000DH
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Dec. 13, 2019