please visit our International Site.
Fire Engineering Intern - Available Summer 2020
Fire Engineering Intern- Available Summer 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you'll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Develop portions of fire and life safety strategies
• Complete conceptual emergency evacuation and smoke management calculations
• Review drawings for conformance to the fire and life safety strategy
• Assist with the development of fire and evacuation simulations
• Assist with the development of structural fire calculations
• Assist senior engineers to help clients to incorporate fire and life safety strategy concepts into the design
• Attend meetings and learn from listening, asking questions and discussion
• Currently Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Fire Protection
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Professional demeanor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Skills in planning and organizing
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn
• Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Master's Degree in Fire Protection
• Coursework in Fire Dynamics, Evaluation, Building Codes, and Fire Protection Systems
• Internship experience with a design firm
• Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics simulation software (Fire Dynamics Simulator, Fluent, or others) or evacuation software
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline environment
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
• Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
• Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
• Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000RI
Category: Fire Engineering
Location: New York, New York
Date Posted: None