please visit our International Site.
Front Desk Coordinator
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression.
Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world's most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 13,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients' needs. Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression
Arup Los Angeles is seeking a Facilities Coordinator / Front Desk Coordinator. Must be available to start immediately. AEC industry experience or exposure preferred.
• Answer and direct incoming phone calls, greet clients and other visitors.
• Manage lunch and staff meeting catering requests. Assist with ensuring high standards are kept for all on-site catering and hospitality. Work with food vendors to ensure quality of food and presentation.
• Expense and invoice processing.
• Meeting organization including managing the reservation of meeting rooms, providing coffee service and the ordering of meeting lunches as required.
• Maintain high level of cleanliness in the office. Manage storage of materials and consumables to minimize office clutter. Perform weekly office walkthroughs.
• Assist with the managing, organizing, planning, and executing of events (i.e. all staff meetings, cocktail parties, vendor presentations, board meetings). Liaise with internal departments (IT, Marketing, etc.) and external parties (PMO, outside trades) as required.
• Ensure staff satisfaction with delivery of Facility Management services and provide a lead role in monitoring and increasing staff satisfaction.
• Monitor work-order system and ensure work requests are appropriate and carried out according to departmental procedures and as delegated. Respond to elevated complaints in a tactful and expedient manner. Review backlogged work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
• Document issues, brainstorm solutions, and implementation.
• Managing our vehicle intermittent parking system through our online tools, managing parking validations distribution and cost tracking.
• Assist with office Health & Safety responsibilities.
• Establish strong relationships with property managers, building engineers, building security and other building staff.
• Assist other administration staff as required.
• Other tasks as directed by supervisor.
• Ideal candidate will have 2 plus years of related experience in a professional services environment
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be able to work in a team environment
• Must work autonomously with high levels of ownership over results
• Strategic thinker
• High ability to understand others, anticipate to their needs and provide consensual solutions
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Experience in an administrative role is preferred
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Job Number: LOS0000EQ
Category: Facilities Management
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Dec. 13, 2019