please visit our International Site.
Graduate BIM Designer (Infrastructure)
Graduate BIM Designer (Infrastructure) - Available 2019
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Work with engineers, designers and project managers in the preparation of drawing packages, report figures, design concepts, sketches, and calculations.
• Produce construction drawings through use of BIM software for a variety of infrastructure projects. Plans will consist of roadways, railways, grading, drainage, site utilities, bridges and civil structures.
• Use CAD software and technologies to carry out civil engineering designs
• Perform design changes and revisions to 2D and 3D drawings
• Follow established design guidelines and procedures
• Analyze design issues and determine appropriate solutions
• Determine construction costs and material estimates
• Coordinate with team members and other disciplines
• Progressing to graduate / Immediate Graduate from an accredited college program in Civil Engineering Technology, CAD Technology, or from a career college in Engineering CAD / BIM Technology
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Software proficiency with AutoCAD or Microstation is essential
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Internship experience with a design firm or in similar field
• Eligibility for OACETT registration as a Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician
• Experience with transportation infrastructure projects is preferred
• Working knowledge of Civil 3D and/or InRoads would be an asset
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
• Knowledge of horizontal and vertical alignments, surveys, surfaces, and cross sections would also be an advantage
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Calgary Cancer Center
• University of British Colombia
• National Music Centre of Canada
• Tim Hortons Field
• New Champlain Bridge
• Queen's Way West Revitalization
• Toronto Pearson International Airport
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
For the second consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater Toronto’s top employers! Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2019 are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies. Find out more about what makes our Toronto office an outstanding place to work here: https://bit.ly/2B3QYL8
Job Number: TOR0000E7
Category: Business Information Modelling (BIM)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: None