please visit our International Site.
Graduate Bridges & Civil Structures Engineer - Available 2020
Graduate Bridges and Civil Structures Engineer - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
The Bridges and Civil Structures team designs structures which enhance the built environment around the world. Graduate engineers will join other talented designers in our interdisciplinary office to work on challenging, interesting and award-winning infrastructure projects. Graduates will play an active role at all stages and on all kinds of projects, from feasibility studies to concept and final designs. They will work to achieve professional status through project design work, including preparing calculations, drawings and computer modeling; and structured training, including extensive internal courses. They will join Arup's rising digital transformation in seeking new ways to increase our efficiency through automation and creating an integrated digital approach to design.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Structural software skills (training course, on-the-job)
• Structural analysis modeling (on-the-job)
• Learning about the Arup Structural Skills Network (introduction course, on-the-job)
• Learning to navigate through codes and/or guidelines.
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering and a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering with emphasis on Structures
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Knowledge in Civil Engineering Fundamentals
• Coursework in structural analysis, advanced steel design and advanced reinforced concrete design
• Interest in the design of bridges, non-building structures and/or infrastructure
• Skills in planning and organizing
• Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
• Coursework in structural dynamics, earthquake engineering
• Internship experience with an engineering firm in the built environment
• FE/ EIT certification
• Structural software skills, AutoCAD skills, Revit skills, 3D modeling skills (Rhino, SketchUp, etc.)
• Experience in writing code/script. Experience with database software
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• 2nd Avenue Subway, New York
• Dulles International Airport Expansion, Washington, D.C.
• Gerald Desmond Bridge, Los Angeles
• Bruce C. Bolling Municipal Building at Dudley Square, Boston
• WW Grainger Headquarters, Chicago
• Uptown District Mobility Improvement, Houston
• Nasher Sculpture Center Garden, Dallas
• Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
• LEED Platinum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Headquarters, Seattle
• Queen's Way West Revitalization, Canada
• Agora Convention Centre in Bogota
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: LOS0000DG
Category: Bridge & Civil Structures
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: Dec. 10, 2019