please visit our International Site.
Graduate Electrical Engineer
Graduate Electrical Engineer - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
As a Graduate Electrical Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Being part of a multi-disciplinary consultant team providing electrical engineering design services (from planning and concept design to developing full construction documents) for buildings, educational facilities, airports, transit structures, health care facilities, sporting venues, etc., with a focus on sustainable design.
• Assisting with Electrical design by applying relevant codes and standards to performing design tasks such as load calculations, lighting design, power distribution design, fire alarm design, specifications and feasibility studies.
• Participating and providing input for cross-discipline collaboration and coordination
• Working on projects using 3D modelling software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, MicroStation
• Finding new and novel ways to improve design. You will have the freedom to give structure to your ideas - from automation of tedious calculations to recommending sustainable opportunities in reports and analyses
• Attend design and client meetings to develop solutions to meet requirements
• Work with designers from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE, B.Eng., BASc., or equivalent)
• Min of 3.0 GPA or Higher
• Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Skills in planning, organizing, and prioritizing own work
• Strong communications skills essential for team-based work: ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing
• Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
• Ability to continuously learn by asking the right questions during discussions and meetings
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
• Internship experience in a consulting firm with emphasis on electrical design
• Academic research or testing with relevant focus
• Demonstrated interest in sustainability as evidenced by extracurricular activities, etc.
• Academic research, coursework, or other experience with alternative energy systems and other emerging technologies
• Experience with AutoCad, Revit MEP, Autodesk MEP, Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, or Project
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline situation
• History of technical presentations and technical writing, knowledge sharing with peers
• Evidence of teamwork and leadership
• Nice to Have: Knowledge in application programming/interest in automating processes
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Calgary Cancer Center
• University of British Colombia
• National Music Centre of Canada
• Tim Hortons Field
• New Champlain Bridge
• Queen's Way West Revitalization
• Toronto Pearson International Airport
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
For the second consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater Toronto's top employers! Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2019 are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies.
Job Number: TOR0000IZ
Category: Electrical Engineering
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: None