please visit our International Site.
Graduate Rail Systems Consultant
Graduate Rail Systems Consultant - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Support the Rail Systems and ITC Teams based at our Toronto office and particularly in relation to both local and international rail infrastructure projects.
• Provide systems engineering advice to projects across Arup and support designers from other disciplines to successfully apply systems engineering techniques to rail projects
• Support system engineering management activities such as Requirements Management and Interface Management
• Supporting teams in their adherence to those System Engineering processes, such as compliance, production and update of Interface Control Documents
• Coordination with and support of disciplines for:
o checking the system engineering and design output of others
o production and update Interface Control Documents
o to perform traceability on their designs in terms of Safety and Security, RAM and Systems Assurance capabilities
• An engineering degree (preferably with a focus/major in, but not limited to, System Design, Controls, Electrical or Rail)
• Ambition to achieve PEng registration
• Experience in working as part of a multidisciplinary team engaged in rail system engineering management and rail communication systems
• Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, and drafting tools such as AutoCad and Microstation
• Preparation of drawings detailing the systems in AutoCAD, Microstation and Revit (3D)
• Experience in the support of system engineering activities for and design of rail systems
• Interest in Rail Systems design
• An understanding of rail assurance regimes and their processes
• Production of rail system architecture models
• Previous co-op terms in rail transit industry
• Knowledge of EN standards
• Experience in working in industry tools such as IBM DOORS
• Experience of MBSE tools
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Calgary Cancer Center
• University of British Colombia
• National Music Centre of Canada
• Tim Hortons Field
• New Champlain Bridge
• Queen's Way West Revitalization
• Toronto Pearson International Airport
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
For the second consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater Toronto's top employers! Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2019 are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies.
Job Number: TOR0000IX
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: None