please visit our International Site.
Do you thrive in an environment where collaboration is encouraged, you are trusted to work independently, and your individuality and uniqueness are embraced? If you enjoy using your emotional intelligence, intellectual curiosity and professionalism to drive change, then Arup is the place for you.
At Arup we are driven to Shape A Better World and since our founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
In the role of HR Generalist supporting our Houston and Dallas markets, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in reviewing and identifying trends that impact the business and proposing solutions to the HR Business Partner and stakeholders. To do this you will leverage the expertise of our Talent Acquisition, Mobility, Learning & Development and Total Rewards teams know as our HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) allowing you to support a wide variety of client needs. Our collaborative culture will allow you to work closely with supervisors and their teams while building and maintaining relationships with staff and leadership at all levels.
• Support performance management activities, including employee development, and employee relations matters
• Act as point of contact for employees to get guidance or support related to our people practices, policies and systems
• Support alignment of culture and strategy to support Arup's vision, mission, and values
• Support programs that integrate Equality, Diversity & Inclusion into all aspects of our people strategy
• Coordinate office-wide presentations and trainings on a range of HR subject matters and participate as needed
• Support graduate and intern programs
• Contribute to local and regional HR projects as needed
• Support employee engagement within Group(s)
As an HR Generalist, daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Build effective relationships with staff to provide HR support on a variety of topics
• Use a consultative approach while collaborating with clients to resolve issues
• Support employee relations matters as needed
• Use discretion and maintain confidentiality as warranted by the situation
• Manage new starter onboarding program with cross-discipline teams
• Conduct exit interviews
• Consult with staff and coordinate Leave of Absences
• Collaborate with colleagues in the Centers of Expertise to deliver seamless client service across recruitment, mobility, total rewards, and professional development and training:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Specialists to ensure recruitment strategies are aligned with business needs; evaluate recruitment effectiveness and help drive recommendations in change of recruitment focus or strategy if necessary
- Participates in interviews as needed
- Work in partnership with Mobility Specialists to ensure the smooth transition of any international and domestic assignments or transfers.
- Asist with domestic Short-Term Assignment (STA) memos and help coordinate as needed
- Liaise between Leadership and L&D team to get nominated participants for formal learning programs
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field required
• HR certification preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience
• Experience working at a professional services firm preferred
• Project management and/or project administration a plus
• Conversational Spanish a plus
• Proficient in the use of HRIS (Ceridian Dayforce and Taleo preferred), Outlook, and MS Office Suite applications.
• Knowledge of labor laws including FMLA, workers' compensation, and other Federal, State and local regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to work proactively and collaboratively within a team setting to accomplish business objectives
• Ability to travel within the Americas Region as needed
Arup is a private company held in trust for our employees. We offer an outstanding benefits package including profit share, healthcare and a progressive 401k match at 10%.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people are encouraged to grow.
Job Number: HOU00004Q
Category: Human Resources
Location: Houston, Texas
Date Posted: March 30, 2020