please visit our International Site.
Human Resources Intern- Available Summer 2019
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your internship at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup is searching for a Human Resources Intern who will support the Human Resources department with a range of assignments/projects related to employee engagement, HR administration, recruiting, immigration, internal mobility, compensation and benefits, as well as learning & development. In this position, you will learn how to take the skills you are acquiring in school, related courses and apply them in a professional setting. This role reports directly to the local Human Resources Business Partner and is based out of our LA office.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Help with employee record keeping including compliance procedures such as unemployment and I-9 forms.
• Partner with team to manage on-boarding and off-boarding process
• Help with immigration process related to visa/green card applications and with mobility requests including long and short-term assignments both domestic and international
• Support efforts around engagement, diversity and inclusion, performance management and retention
• Assist recruiting team with scheduling phone screens and on-site interviews as well as planning of campus recruitment related events
• Assist Total Rewards team with internal and external audits, research and administrative reviews of programs and plans to support the local office
• Assist L&D Specialist with maintaining training course evaluations and attendance records for local office trainings
• Work on ad hoc regional projects across all HR functions
• Must be pursuing bachelor's degree or higher in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology, Sociology, or other related field
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA or higher
• Minimum of 1 year of relevant internship and/or professional work experience
• Have the ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively, manage deadlines and exceptional organization skills required for our rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrate integrity, confidentiality and discretion at all times
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Accountable for accuracy and timeliness of work within the department
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to think on your feet and contribute innovative solutions
• Have presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• Must be able to work under limited supervision and possess excellent planning, organization and time management skills
• Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and best practices in Human Resources, Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent writing skills and ability to create PowerPoint presentations
• Candidate must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this specific role
• Experience utilizing HR or learning systems such as Oracle, Ceridian DayForce, Taleo, Hire Right, Skill Survey, Moodle, etc.
• Knowledge of state and federal employment and labor laws and government compliance requirements; knowledge of immigration laws and processes a plus
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Headquarters
• Concord Naval Weapons Station Reuse
• Transbay Transit Center
• UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay
• San Francisco General Hospital
• San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
• Stanford Graduate School of Business
• High Roller Observation Wheel
• San Jose City Hall
• LAX Central Utility Plant
• Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Please note that in 2019 Arup will be moving to downtown Los Angeles’ newest skyscraper: Wilshire Grand Center.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: LOS0000B5
Category: Human Resources
Location: Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: None