please visit our International Site.
Intelligent Transportation Systems Leader
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, and the Lower Hudson Transit Link project in New York State. During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Arup is seeking a talented and motivated ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Smart Mobility professional with ten to fifteen years of relevant technical experience to work in our regional ITS team. We are open to a candidate sitting in our NYC, LA, San Francisco, or Toronto office. The successful candidate will share our passion for delivering successful and sustainable project outcomes that help ‘shape a better world. The candidate will have experience in the planning, design, delivery and operation of Mobility technology solutions within complex and challenging environments.
As an ITS Smart Mobility Leader at Arup, you will work as part of an integrated team to support the planning, delivery and growth of the Intelligent Mobility consulting practice. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Leadership and subject matter expertise in Intelligent Mobility to help shape and grow the business in the Americas
• Business Development and Client Management in the Americas to identify appropriate clients, win projects and help build a sustainable pipeline of work
• Thought Leadership with clients and industry forums to help enhance Arup’s reputation in the market as well as strengthening client relationships
• Managing a team of ITS professionals including mentoring and professional development
• Project Management and direct technical support of Intelligent Mobility and Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) planning, design and implementation projects in the Americas
• Development of strategic planning and Concept of Operations documents
• Mobility technology expertise input into Transportation master planning and technology enabled Infrastructure projects
• Development of System requirements and design
• Presenting designs for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Supporting the development of new skills and services to target emerging areas of Intelligent Mobility focus including Congestion/Road User Charging, Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared Vehicles (ACES) and Smart Cities
• Participating in local and national Professional Associations
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in electrical engineering, computer science, science or related field
• Ten to fifteen years of technical experience in the transportation sector
• Effective communication skills
• Client management and business development experience
• Strategic Planning with building a new or growing an existing business service
• Experience with working within integrated and multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
• Experience with some of the following transportation technology and operational models: Integrated Corridor Management (ICM), Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Multi-Modal Operational Management Centers, Electronic Toll Collection (ETC), Autonomous, Connected, Electric and Shared Vehicles (ACES), Mobility Payment Systems and Services
• Familiarity with current and emerging best practices on the planning, design, implementation and operation of Intelligent Mobility solutions
• Certification as PE and PMP is a plus
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: NEW0000KW
Category: Transportation Planning
Location: New York
Date Posted: None