please visit our International Site.
IT & Communication (ITC) Consultant
Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking an Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Systems Consultant with an electrical/computer engineering, systems and/or technology background to work as part of a multidisciplinary team engaged in the design and delivery of IT, communications and security systems and infrastructure for a range of both local and international buildings and infrastructure projects.
• Design of ITC systems including: structured cabling, LAN and WLAN (wired and wireless), voice and data networks, as well as systems such as video surveillance, intrusion access control, intercom, public address, controls and general applications of technology to the built environment.
• Design application of ITC systems across different verticals such as healthcare, aviation and rail.
• Systems design calculations, report writing, systems specification development and constructing Request For Proposals (RFPs)
• Post construction services including in some cases system commissioning
• Coordinate and liaise with external parties in producing engineering deliverables
• IT and Systems integration consultancy
• Preparation of drawings detailing the systems in AutoCAD, Microstation and Revit (3D)
• Leading the delivery and management of ITC and Security projects as necessary
• Other relevant duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technology field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the consulting and technology design industries (related engineering disciplines such as Electrical/Systems/Computer Engineering considered).
• Demonstrable understanding and experience of technology in the built environment including the challenges of construction and systems integration
• Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, Architects, Engineers, Contractors and other team members
• Proven ability to utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to work with incomplete information and manage unclear or conflicting requirements
• Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, and drafting tools such as AutoCAD, Revit (3D) and Microstation
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment, and must be highly motivated, proactive, willing to take on new challenges and learn on the fly
A good knowledge and experience of the following will be advantageous:
• Experience of Aviation, Rail and Healthcare technologies and processes
• Knowledge of control systems.
• Experience of Master Format specifications for systems (Division 27 and 28)
• Experience of technology masterplanning
• Experience with Ontario Public Private Procurement (PPP/P3) project methodology
• Demonstrable knowledge of Revit and BIM
• PEng qualification
• RCDD qualification
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
Job Number: TOR0000HU
Category: Information Technology
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Date Posted: None